Wednesday, April 23, 2014

J.Crew Updates Website with New Arrivals!

"Thanks!" to many of you, who let us know that J.Crew had an update to its website (click here to view online).

There are some new arrivals for men (click here) & women (click here). {wahoo!} It looks like Crewcuts (click here) has been updated, as did the J.Crew Collection (click here).


The APRIL catalog (click here to view) is still up. However, the latest MAY catalog is not. As mentioned by several JCAs, J.Crew posted several images of the newest catalog over at Pinterest (click here to view).

NOTE: J.Crew changed their latest promotion to make it slightly worse/better depending on which item you were interested in. J.Crew is offering an additional 30% off *SELECT* full priced women's and men's items (plus 30% off sale and 50% off final sale) with code GOSHOP. (What's the difference? Originally it was 25% all full priced items.) This offer still expires April 27, 2014.

NEW ARRIVALS: The good: I like this roll out compared to the previous ones. There are definitely pieces I am excited to see. The bad: This roll out could still be a lot better. The skirts and dresses are seriously lacking in terms of style, wear-ability, and affordability. I complain about this a lot. So feel free to skip this part. Otherwise, let me continue my rant... What do I mean? The Lobster Skirt and the Cotton Taffeta Belle Skirt, both great examples of what J.Crew use to offer in the Summer that I l-o-v-e! I just don't understand why there are so many short, plain skirts, or long pencil skirts. Can't we offer a bit more?

* The Oui mon cheri sweatshirt (item A7426; $65.00) looks super cute. Reminds me of something Madewell would offer.

* The Ratti Fish print is back with the Ratti Fish Rash Guard (item A7349; $175.00)! I like the print, but when I saw it on the Rash Guard, it reminded me of the 80's arcade game "Space Invaders". ;) By the way, check out the price tag... ouch!

 * Schoolboy blazer in floral linen (item A7291, $198.00) looks like one of those pieces that could go either way. I like the print, but I worry if it is too busy. Can't wait to see and read reviews for this one.

The Sophia Webster for J.Crew shoe collection is also finally available! The shoes are definitely a departure (a fun one though!) from J.Crew's usual offerings.

What items are you most excited about and why? Which items are you surprised (or not surprised) to see? Which items did you hope would be included? Were you expecting a bigger roll-out? Also, did you receive the latest catalog? :)